Zesty Italian Style Tuna Casserole
Add a little spice to your weeknight repertoire with this recipe!
Created By: StarKist
2 (2.6 oz.) pouch StarKist® Chunk Light Tuna, Low Sodium
⅔ cup small whole grain pasta
2 tsp. olive oil
½ cup chopped onion
2 tsp. minced garlic
½ cup sliced mushrooms
1 can (14.5 oz.) Diced Tomatoes with Italian Seasonings, No Salt Added
¼ cup mozzarella cheese, part skim (plus additional 1 – 2 tbsp. for topping)
Red pepper flakes to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cook pasta according to package directions, until just tender.
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil in small skillet. Sauté onion and garlic for about 5 minutes, until softened. Add mushrooms and sauté an additional 3 – 4 minutes until softened.
- Mix in tuna, tomatoes, red pepper flakes, pasta and cheese.
- Spoon into two single serving casserole dishes and bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle with additional cheese and bake another 5 minutes to melt cheese.