Tuna Minestrone with Parmesan Cheese
This hearty soup makes a great winter dinner
Created By: StarKist
- 1 pouch (6.4 oz.) or 2 pouches (2.6 oz. each) or 2 cans (5 oz. each) StarKist® Albacore Tuna (if using cans, drained and chunked)
- 1 can (15.25 oz.) Kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- ¼ cup tomato paste
- 1 can (14.5 oz.) Italian style, diced tomatoes
- 2 cans (14.5 oz) Chicken broth plus water to equal 4 cups
- ½ tsp. ground red pepper
- 1 tsp. Italian herb seasoning
- 2 cups Italian-style mixed frozen vegetables
- 1/2 cup small shell pasta, uncooked
- 3 cups fresh romaine lettuce, cut crosswise in 1-inch strips (or fresh spinach)
- Freshly grated parmesan cheese
- In a 4- qt. saucepan combine kidney beans, tomato paste, tomatoes with liquid, chicken broth with water, herb seasoning and red pepper. Bring to a boil over high heat.
- Add pasta and frozen vegetables; simmer 8 minutes.
- Remove from heat; add tuna and romaine lettuce. Ladle into bowls and garnish with parmesan cheese.