Spring Lemon Tuna Risotto
The lemon adds a fresh, light flavor to this hearty meal
Created By: StarKist
- 2 pouches (2.6 oz) StarKist Tuna Creations®, Zesty Lemon Pepper
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- ½ cup diced sweet onion
- ¾ cup Arborio rice
- ¾ cup white wine
- 3 - 4 cups reduced sodium chicken broth
- ¾ cup frozen baby peas, thawed
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese
- Heat olive oil in large sauce pan. Stir in onion and cook until soft. Meanwhile, heat chicken broth in a separate sauce pan over medium-low heat.
- Stir Arborio rice into the onion mixture and stir for one minute, coating well with the oil.
- Add white wine and continue stirring until most of the liquid is absorbed.
- Add 1 cup chicken broth to the rice, continue stirring until most of the liquid is absorbed. Repeat this 3 – 4 more times until the rice is tender.
- Stir in peas with the last cup of broth. Stir well.
- Add tuna and parmesan cheese and combine well. Serve immediately.