Sicilian Style Pasta with Sardines
Created By: StarKist
2 cans (4.37 oz.) StarKist® Gourmet Selects® Sardines in Tuscan Style Tomato Sauce
1 Tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
½ cup diced yellow onion
½ lb. whole wheat fettuccine
2 tbsp. jarred pesto
1 can (15 oz.) cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
4 oz. fresh mozzarella, diced in ½ inch cubes
10 – 15 black olives, sliced in half
1. Heat olive oil in medium skillet. Add onion and sauté until softened but not browned.
2. Meanwhile bring large pot of water to a boil. Add fettuccini and cook according to package directions.
3. Drain pasta and add to skillet. Toss pasta with onions and pesto to coat.
4. Stir in beans, mozzarella and olives and heat just until cheese begins to melt.
5. Place on large plate and top with sardines. Drizzle with leftover tomato sauce from the can.