Tuna is the perfect substitute for ground beef in this dish!
Created By: StarKist
1 pouch (11 oz.) StarKist® Chunk Light Tuna in Water
1 tsp. dry basil
1 tsp. dry oregano
1 clove garlic, minced
4 cups Ricotta cheese (low fat if desired)
1-1/2 cups mozzarella cheese, divided
½ cup parmesan cheese
1 jar (24 oz.) pasta sauce
12 lasagna noodles
- Preheat oven to 350 °F. Mix tuna with basil, oregano and garlic.
- Mix ricotta cheese, 1 cup mozzarella cheese, eggs and parmesan cheese and blend well.
- Cook lasagna noodles 3 at a time.
- Place 1 cup sauce in bottom of 13 x 9 pan. Place 3 lasagna noodles on top of sauce. Top with 1/3 cheese mixture. Top cheese with ½ tuna.
- Place 3 more noodles on top of tuna. Top with 1/3 cheese.
- Place 3 more noodles on top of cheese. Top with remaining cheese and tuna.
- Top with the last noodles and remaining pasta sauce.
- Cover with foil and bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes. Remove foil and cover with remaining ½ cup cheese and bake 10 minutes more.