Kellogg's® Special K® Green Bean, Tuna and Mushroom Salad
Created By: Kelloggs
- 1 cup small, whole fresh mushrooms
- 4 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 pouch (2.6 oz.) StarKist® Albacore Tuna in water broken in large chunks
- 1 tsp chopped fresh tarragon or
- ¼ tsp dried tarragon leaves
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- 4 oz. fresh green beans, trimmed
- ¼ teaspoon spicy brown mustard
- 2 tbsp sliced green onion
- 1 slice bacon, crisp-cooked, drained & crumbled
- 3 leaves lettuce
1. Wash mushrooms then place them in a plastic bag set in deep bow 2. For marinade, whisk together lemon juice, oil, sugar, tarragon and garlic. Pour over mushrooms in bag. Seal bag. Marinate in refrigerator for 8 to 24 hours, turning occasionally.
3. Cook green beans in small amount of boiling water for 5 to 7 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain. Rinse with cold water. Drain well. Set aside.
4. Drain mushrooms, reserving marinade. Whisk mustard into reserved marinade.
5. In small bowl toss together mushrooms, green beans, tuna, onion and bacon. Drizzle with marinade mixture. Toss to coat. Arrange lettuce leaves in serving bowl. Spoon tuna mixture on top.