Creamy Albacore and Mushroom Salad with Quick Sour Cream Dressing
Just for Mushroom lovers! The dressing adds a nice zip!
Created By: StarKist
- 1 pouch (2.6 oz.) or 1 can (5 oz.) StarKist® Albacore Tuna in Water (if using cans, drained and chunked)
- 4 oz. white mushrooms, cleaned and quartered
- ¼ cup chopped green onion, white and green parts
- 2 Tbsp. minced fresh parsley
- 2 Tbsp. minced red pepper
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 tsp. sugar
- ¼ tsp. white pepper
- Salt, to taste
- 3 – 4 tomatoes, sliced or wedged
- ½ cup whipping cream
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- ¼ cup sour cream
- In a medium bowl, combine tuna, mushrooms, onions, parsley, lemon juice, sugar, pepper and salt.
- Refrigerate, covered for 1-3 hours.
- Just before serving prepare dressing. In a small bowl beat whipping cream with salt and dry mustard until thickened. Fold in sour cream
- Fold dressing into tuna mixture.
- Serve on lettuce-lined plates with tomato wedges on the side.