A perfect dish for a spring brunch. Serve with fresh fruit
Created By: StarKist
- 2 cans (4.5 oz.) StarKist Selects™ Albacore Fillet in Water, drained
- 1 refrigerated or frozen pie crust for a 9-inch pie
- ½ cup sliced scallions, white and green parts
- 4 oz. sliced white mushrooms
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 6 eggs
- ⅔ cup heavy cream
- ¾ cup whole milk
- 6 oz. Swiss cheese, shredded
- ¼ tsp. nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Place pie crust in 9-inch pie plate. Line with foil and pie weights or dried soup beans. Bake for 10 minutes. Remove foil and weights and bake an additional 5 minutes. Cool crust, in pie plate, on wire rack.
- Cook mushrooms and scallions in olive oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat until softened.
- Mix eggs, cream, and milk together in a separate bowl..
- Break apart tuna and spread over the bottom of crust, covering well. Top tuna with mushrooms, scallions and cheese.
- Pour egg and cream mixture over tuna and mushroom mixture being careful to not over fill the crust. (you may have a little of the liquid left over) Make sure cheese is spread evenly throughout the pie. Sprinkle with nutmeg.
- Bake at 425°F for approximately 40 minutes, until the center no longer wiggles.
- Serve warm or chilled.